Friday, April 21, 2006

Meditation

I have been experiencing mild joint pain again. Nothing like I did 2 years ago. Back then I had excruciating pain in all of my joints that lasted for 3 months. At that time I changed my diet and made other lifestyle changes. The activity that had the most holistic impact was my meditation. In that meditation, I would have a conversation with my joints to discover what they might be saying to me. I discovered a pattern of intense self-criticism that seemed to allow and encourage others, especially my family members to criticize me as well. I felt that I was under constant attack. This led me to spend time everyday meditating, mentally releasing my need for criticism. I also stopped allowing others' habitual criticism to go unchecked.

This morning I returned to my meditation. The joint pain has a different message today. It seems to be about the new direction in my work. I have always had a quiet little private practice in the Alexander Technique. Now, I am moving toward a larger stage, incorporating other areas of expertise. My elbows tell me that I don't have enough elbow room. At the same time, my knees seem to be weak with stage fright.

I'm sharing my process with you in hopes that it might give you a window into one of the ways that you can explore the messages from your body.

Be Well,

Sydney

s

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home